Hootless.Com

... SMaRT WORLDWIDE ... CALL CONNECT ☎ +1 (641) 7153640 ACCESS 739983#

So I'd like to share something that Ralph explained to me, I used to be very confused about it until I spoke to him....

You don't release the feelings you Use the feelings to see if you are wanting to control or approval. The feelings will leave by themselves if you are not wanting to control them.

Lester saw that the Ego lives on wanting to control, wanting approval and wanting to survive as a physical body.

The highest teaching of Lester was to get people to see that they are not their Egos.

The mind won't understand it but each time you let go of wanting to control or approval you undo the ego.

thus, Wanting is not a feeling of lack (it is lack but it's not a feeling)

Each time you release you feel a little bit lighter which shows you that you are not the ego or the body.

The thing is when you feel better it's a chance to dig deeper to see where you are not yet free. The goal is not just to feel better.

I'll just remind in the 6 steps step 3 is:

"See that all your feelings culminate in three wants – the want of approval, the want of control and the want of security.  See that immediately and immediately let go of the want of approval, the want to control and the want of security".

(It doesn't say release the feelings it says use the feelings to see if you are wanting)

And in the three steps (a shorter version of the 6 steps Lester wrote before he died) step 2 is:

Make it continuous and release immediately. Allow the wanting approval, wanting to

control and wanting security to come into your awareness and immediately let it go.

I wrote a thread titled 'The original\pure method' on March 7, 2017 (not Mario's post)

maybe that will help

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Shai,

Thank you for this thread. I have been a bit confused about it.
So "wanting control etc.(the 3 wants)" is not a feeling of lack....

When I focus on the feelings, it is easier to know when it's gone. I can feel it is here or not(of course, it is a feeling!)! But when it comes to the 3 wants, although I may "understand" it is here or it is the underlying motivation, I don't "feel" it. Therefore it is difficult to see if it is here or gone. It feels like it is done more in my head.

To check how it went after I release, I ask myself "Do I still want to control this or that?" and I hear my answer...but in a way I am checking it by my feeling. Let's say, if I had anxiety about my future then I would try to let go of wanting control and security. After I do that, I'd still check it if it's gone by my anxiety level.
But according to what you wrote here, it's not how it should be checked?

And if I am to check if it is gone just by my 3 wants, how do I check?
You mentioned you'd feel lighter, but if that's the case, isn't it still a "Feeling?"
(You might not have noticed it, but you were feeling heavy?)

Each time you release you feel lighter sometimes a little bit sometimes a lot.

Feeling lighter is because each time you let go of 'wanting' you let go of many feelings at once.

- that doesn't mean that a Want is a feeling, I don't understand the question.

"if I had anxiety about my future then I would try to let go of wanting control and security"

ok so you let go of wanting to control and security and you feel lighter - but keep releasing 

it might take many releases until it's gone (when it comes to anxiety about the future)

there are probably many layers or units of feelings in regards to this issue-

but you will notice each time you release that letting go feels better than holding on- that's also another way to look at step 6  

Teru said:

Let's say, if I had anxiety about my future then I would try to let go of wanting control and security. After I do that, I'd still check it if it's gone by my anxiety level.

You mentioned you'd feel lighter, but if that's the case, isn't it still a "Feeling?"

Thanks Shai,

I understand what you're saying...just that I don't feel lighter necessarily when I just focus on the three wants (without feelings). However if I resort to the original feeling (such as anxiety or "butterfly in the stomach) I do notice the feelings are gone or released. Am I somehow doing it "incorrect" or just am insensitive to "lightness"?  Yes possibly just many layers. However I do feel "lighter" too when I focus on my feelings...   

Shai said:

Feeling lighter is because each time you let go of 'wanting' you let go of many feelings at once.

"if I had anxiety about my future then I would try to let go of wanting control and security"

ok so you let go of wanting to control and security and you feel lighter - but keep releasing 

it might take many releases until it's gone (when it comes to anxiety about the future)

but you will notice each time you release that letting go feels better than holding on- that's also another way to look at step 6  

Teru said:

Let's say, if I had anxiety about my future then I would try to let go of wanting control and security. After I do that, I'd still check it if it's gone by my anxiety level.

You are not wrong. You can focus on the feelings or just on the body in general to see that you feel lighter after each release..... 

All I was trying to say was that a Want is not a feeling so don't look for a feeling of 'wanting control'

Let's say your feeling is: 'I have anxiety about the future....' 

after each time you let go of 'wanting control' and 'safety' you can focus on the body or the feeling of anxiety and see that after each release it gets a little lighter.

I saw from my experience that when I have feelings and I'm resisting them or wanting to control my body tenses up  and each time I release my body gets less tensed up and feels lighter. So what I do is focus on the body and I see how my body gets lighter and less tense 

Teru said:

Thanks Shai,

I understand what you're saying...just that I don't feel lighter necessarily when I just focus on the three wants (without feelings). However if I resort to the original feeling (such as anxiety or "butterfly in the stomach) I do notice the feelings are gone or released. Am I somehow doing it "incorrect" or just am insensitive to "lightness"?  Yes possibly just many layers. However I do feel "lighter" too when I focus on my feelings...   

Shai said:

Teru said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

SMaRT LINKS

Just Joined?

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

Events

STATS

LONDON TIME

Reset 1.01.12

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

© 2017   Created by Per [Hootless crew].   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service