Hootless.Com

... SMaRT WORLDWIDE ... CALL CONNECT ☎ +1 (641) 7153640 ACCESS 739983#

The original method is the Six Steps. The original method is to take the thought/feeling/emotion, SEE the Wanting Approval, Wanting to Control, Wanting to be Safe and - if possible - Wanting to be Separate causing the thought/feeling/emotion and release the Want. That's the original method. If in doubt about it, read and re-read Lester's story, it's all there. Here are the highlights:
The first huge insight Lester had that started it all was Wanting Approval. He saw that he was happy when he was loving and miserable when he was Wanting Love, then saw that all feelings could be changed to Love and that's how he released.
After releasing a lot of that, he had the insight of Wanting to Control (bumper cars
image). He saw he wanted to changed everything and released that.
After releasing those two, he saw that behind all of that was Wanting to be Safe and Fear of Dying.
In one audio (don't remember which one) Lester actually tell people to release Wanting Approval and Wanting Control till they can see Wanting Security and Survival, then release that.
Goal Charts, Attachments and aversions, the Special Releasing Process were all developed along with Lester. I don't know who created what, probably Virginia and Hale had a hand on that, but Lester was there including being at the retreats while this was being taught (which is where Lester's audios come from).

Views: 1037

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is old but Mario,

The reason Lester said to release only the three wants is not because people 'can't see wanting to be separate'

there was another reason I don't remember it right now.

from my own humble experience it's hard enough to release the three wants so why complicate it?

if you released all your wanting to control, approval and safety you would go free and then you won't feel separate anymore.

About the allergies: that's the thing, I didn't release on anything specifically. I just did the exercises offered at the retreat, including trying to find "extra sessions". In the past after the retreat day was over some people would do the homework, but some of Larry's former instructors were so giving that they would go somewhere and keep releasing with whomever showed up, attending requests or releasing on a theme, till after midnight (sometimes till 02:00 depending on what was going on). I'm not very disciplined with homework, so I would look for and attend all these sessions I could find.

It's just like money. I never release on money, but I did all the money exercises at the retreats and at the online courses, and I had many money gains. I did all the exercises, but I didn't release on the allergies, but they were gone for good (that was back in 2006).

Same for smoking - I attended Larry's New Years' retreat and by the time I got back home I realized I forgot I smoked, then I saw I didn't want to do it anymore - that was also 2006 and I've never wanted to smoke again.

I agree with your statement, but I like to say it this way: release what you can see. You don't release what you can't see. I don't look for this or that want, it is whatever want that shows up.

One reason I think "The Way" is the best audio from Lester is because it is more recent than the others (I think) - it's from 1989 - and it is for advanced students, and Lester comments on things he simplified over time and why, he talks about the 3 Wants instead of focusing more on control and approval, and he provides steps to use more of your life for Freedom.

And it has the best audio about Fear of Dying and the 5th Step in my opinion. It's everything in the first track. I had the impression DD mentioned something about it so I listened to it again and I'm amazed at how good the first track is to me. Lester shows exactly how to release the fear of dying along with an example of how Hale would guide you to do it during the course, but even more is how many examples of how to use the 5th Step to assist in releasing the Fear of Dying (and anything else), so thank you for the whole discussion because I got a lot of gold out of listening to The Way again (and I'll do it 2-3 more times).

"if you released all your wanting to control, approval and safety you would go free and then you won't feel separate anymore."

I don't know, but according to Lester and others it would seem so.

Whoop ! Exactly ! The irrevocable decision. But it can be so hard to make, specifically because it is so simple and we are compulsive thinkers ! I think it all comes down to love. Can I choose love? repeated over and over and over.  But he also said answer to everything is repeating "Who am I?" until there are no more thoughts and then bam. He said we don't have to go through what he went.

Here's a quote from Keys to Ultimate Freedom:

"Q: In other words it's not the object that brings this out. It's the quieting of the mind that actually lets the beingness come through a little more, and that really is the love experience, isn't it?

Lester: Yes."

Robert F said:

1. But I heard that the real secret of the method lies in the "decision-making"... Just make the decision to release it. So all in all, the questions are not needed... no formula is needed.... all you need is to MAKE the deciSion to let it go. I heard this was the biggest secret buried in the secret vaults of The original teachings..

2. I get so confused when people write about several ways of releasing. Its confusing. I just want the formula distilled down to a small piece of paper...

A) release the wants
B) send yourself and others love/approval

We dont need more? It gets so confusing

"Can I choose love? repeated over and over and over"

Well most chances are it's going to be from the Ego, the ego doesn't understand 'true love'. That's why Lester didn't make this a part of the method.

"But he also said answer to everything is repeating "Who am I?" until there are no more thoughts and then bam"

This was before the method. Everything you will read in 'Keys to Ultimate Freedom' was before the method. 

(When Lester came back from the east he tried this eastern stuff but he saw it wasn't working so well on westerns..)

After the method came out he said:

Just release and forget all the other stuff  

Liz said:

Can I choose love? repeated over and over and over.  But he also said answer to everything is repeating "Who am I?" until there are no more thoughts and then bam. He said we don't have to go through what he went.

"Q: In other words it's not the object that brings this out. It's the quieting of the mind that actually lets the beingness come through a little more, and that really is the love experience, isn't it?

Robert F said:

1. But I heard that the real secret of the method lies in the "decision-making"... Just make the decision to release it. So all in all, the questions are not needed... no formula is needed.... all you need is to MAKE the deciSion to let it go. I heard this was the biggest secret buried in the secret vaults of The original teachings..

2. I get so confused when people write about several ways of releasing. Its confusing. I just want the formula distilled down to a small piece of paper...

A) release the wants

I have to disagree here.

My personal point of view is that Lester had to adapt the simplicity to the public. He couldn't have said... You know what, just focus on a mantra for a month (such as "what am I?"), then hold on to the silence and you'll be done. People don't like and don't understand simple things. But until you identify with the ONE I don't think you can release all your patterns, because you're always creating new ones.

Nevertheless, where can this original method be found? In Virginia's Master your emotions book?

Thank you.

Shai said:

Well most chances are it's going to be from the Ego, the ego doesn't understand 'true love'. That's why Lester didn't make this a part of the method.

"But he also said answer to everything is repeating "Who am I?" until there are no more thoughts and then bam"

This was before the method. Everything you will read in 'Keys to Ultimate Freedom' was before the method. 

(When Lester came back from the east he tried this eastern stuff but he saw it wasn't working so well on westerns..)

Liz said:

Can I choose love? repeated over and over and over.  But he also said answer to everything is repeating "Who am I?" until there are no more thoughts and then bam. He said we don't have to go through what he went.

Robert F said:

A) release the wants

Well, he tried to the do "What Am I"? stuff and other stuff like meditation. But he saw that people were 'getting high' but not progressing. So he understood that he needed a method that will be good for westerns.

People in the west esp. in our times have a very busy minds. In India in the 70's people had a more  quiet mind to begin with....

"But until you identify with the ONE I don't think you can release all your patterns, because you're always creating new ones".

So why bother? if you decided that it's not going to work then just do the "What Am I"? and you are done

The closest thing to the original method that was recorded is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP-IqQ4vYIE&t=2340s

Virginia's book just explains emotions but doesn't mention "The Wants" so it's not a good resource....

Lester never said you need to release all your patterns in order to go free. It's the identification with the patterns that is the obstacle. If you had no desire to control anything (including the patters) the patterns would not touch you.

Liz said:

I have to disagree here.

My personal point of view is that Lester had to adapt the simplicity to the public. He couldn't have said... You know what, just focus on a mantra for a month (such as "what am I?"), then hold on to the silence and you'll be done. People don't like and don't understand simple things. But until you identify with the ONE I don't think you can release all your patterns, because you're always creating new ones.

Nevertheless, where can this original method be found? In Virginia's Master your emotions book?

Thank you.

Shai said:

Liz said:

Robert F said:

A) release the wants

"But until you identify with the ONE I don't think you can release all your patterns, because you're always creating new ones".

I wouldn't concern with identifying with the One, that is more than one level removed from where we are. Beingness is the closest connection to the One that we have, and Beingness is in direct connection to us - we can immediately choose to identify with Beingness and it is easy as pie. Not so easy to remain there though.

I read Virginia's book - the one you can't find. It's nice, but there was nothing extra there for me. Yes, maybe there's for you. I've had mind-blowing experiences with some Guy Finley's talks that, when I watched the study groups and student reports, nobody seemed to have seen. The "cracks" that will drop the armor are different for each person. Then I listened to Lester again and I was seeing so much, and what I was seeing and getting results from was never discussed anywhere. Probably because we don't remember later - which is fine as long as you allow your revelations to change what has to be changed in you. One thing I heard that summarizes all this is: when you have a change deep in the fabric of your Being, you know something is different, but you probably won't know what that was. That's my experience.

"Lester never said you need to release all your patterns in order to go free. It's the identification with the patterns that is the obstacle. If you had no desire to control anything (including the patters) the patterns would not touch you."

So true. It is a huge difference when you realize this: it's not evil that's the problem, it's identifying with it. Evil is within us, though not intentional as we think. Saying the ego is bad is just like saying a lion is bad because it killed and ate the gazelle. It's its nature and it is unconscious to it - and what we are unconscious to is our Master and our true God - you might not like it as God, but you obey it, worship it and pay the bill in the end. And it has nothing to do with anything but identification - which we choose to do, doesn't matter if unconsciously, and it is our responsibility. Ignorance of the law doesn't mean immunity from the law.

Shai said:

Lester never said you need to release all your patterns in order to go free. It's the identification with the patterns that is the obstacle. If you had no desire to control anything (including the patters) the patterns would not touch you.

This is really well said, and I would say it represents a big shift in the approach to and depth of releasing when this starts to become clear. 

It is the transition from using a technique to become the concept of a perfect, fully-released person, to a means of reconnecting with the infinite peace and joy of beingness that is your true nature right now in this moment. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

SMaRT LINKS

Just Joined?

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

Events

STATS

LONDON TIME

Reset 1.01.12

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

© 2017   Created by Per [Hootless crew].   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service