Hootless.Com

... SMaRT WORLDWIDE ... CALL CONNECT ☎ +1 (641) 7153640 ACCESS 739983#

Letting go of disaproval of a feeling (Larry Crane)

Hi,

I have been releasing mainly following the Sedona Method book and I hadn't read/heard Larry's book or teachings. Recently, just out of interest or thinking there might be something I could learn, I read his book about love.

His book was mostly about giving approval and be loving. We have discussed "giving love/approval" or "turning feelings into love" so I don't mean to discuss it again here. But he also wrote about "letting go of disapproval of a negative feeling" such as fear, anxiety, etc. After that he recommends saying "yes" to these feelings as well(giving approval). He even says that we should let go of disapproval of pain, debt etc. and then give approval to it.  

So I tried that, and seems like it worked. But is it the same thing as welcoming? For example, if I'm afraid of something, I don't also like the feeling to be here. The main ways to let go of this fear according to the Sedona method is "drop it" or "welcome it," and "welcoming" seems similar or same as "letting go of disapproval" and "give approval" of the fear.   

It confused me a bit because if it's not the same thing then I'm not sure if I'm to let go of the feeling itself or "disapproval" of the feeling.  Let's say, when I'm afraid of something, there will be two options - "Could I let go of this feeling (of fear)?" and "Could I let go of disapproval of this feeling?"

Thank you!

Views: 368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's keep releasing and be 'high' ourselves -:) 

Silence said:

Thank you.  I was in one of Larry's 90 days which gives you access to a teacher,  the one I had was his "main" teacher without naming names.  From what I experienced he is in a very high place, I felt lifted just from speaking with him

Letting go of disapproving the feelings or the wants works because it is Step 5.

I agree with the effectiveness of either letting go of disapproving of self/feelings/others/situation or giving yourself/feelings/others/situation approval. Giving yourself love and approval will bring up a lot of resistance, at least it did for me.

So in other words, it's same as "welcoming" the feelings/ stuckness, right?

By the way, I found it effective to ask myself "Can I let go of wanting approval from myself?"

Mário [Hootless Crew] said:

Letting go of disapproving the feelings or the wants works because it is Step 5.

Not exactly, if you are stuck- decide you don't want to control the stuckness. It has nothing to do with disapproval tricks.

Sometimes we want to control our releasing and that's also wanting to control- that's why step number 5

that's good. The highest state is not wanting:

even wanting your own approval is wanting approval

The mind won't get it but the ego lives on wanting approval and control so at the highest state you let go of the ego's grip to see the truth of who you are.

Teru said:

By the way, I found it effective to ask myself "Can I let go of wanting approval from myself?"

I'd like to add one more question for you about "giving approval." I know it's been discussed many times in many other threads and I know I said I don't mean to discuss it here...but since it's been mentioned...(and possibly I might have asked something similar before, but hope you don't mind clearing up here again. Thanks. And I'm quoting what TC wrote but my question is for everyone, actually especially for Shai)

I believe Shai has always been saying if you try to "give approval" then it's usually an Ego's sense of love and not true love. Real love is what's left after you let go of wanting love/approval. I understand that now. My question is how about when you don't really "care" about the person but don't feel loving per se? It's from a complete stranger to a classmate/coworker who I only greet on the hallway etc. I don't want anything from him/her, but as mentioned I don't feel loving either. Is it because I'm wanting approval from people in general and it is just "showing" here?   

TC said:

I agree with the effectiveness of either letting go of disapproving of self/feelings/others/situation or giving yourself/feelings/others/situation approval. Giving yourself love and approval will bring up a lot of resistance, at least it did for me.

"Is it because I'm wanting approval from people in general and it is just "showing" here"?

Yes, we still want approval from people in general so we often feel 'neutral' and not loving

But then again, we don't know what real loving is, we only see 'love' from the ego's\mind's point of view.

We need to keep practicing not wanting to control and approval as much as possible....

I can tell you that I don't love everyone and often feel neutral in many situations however, 

I am much more loving than before and I feel much less desire for approval than before.

I used to want approval from everyone I met\knew and I used to love only people who acted the way I wanted.

Now I have much more love for people in general even if they don't act the way I feel is right and I don't feel like I need approval as much as before. 

But it took a lot of releases and time.... -:)

Just thinking where I was a year ago and where I am Now, wow...

Teru said:

I'd like to add one more question for you about "giving approval." I know it's been discussed many times in many other threads and I know I said I don't mean to discuss it here...but since it's been mentioned...(and possibly I might have asked something similar before, but hope you don't mind clearing up here again. Thanks. And I'm quoting what TC wrote but my question is for everyone, actually especially for Shai)

I believe Shai has always been saying if you try to "give approval" then it's usually an Ego's sense of love and not true love. Real love is what's left after you let go of wanting love/approval. I understand that now. My question is how about when you don't really "care" about the person but don't feel loving per se? It's from a complete stranger to a classmate/coworker who I only greet on the hallway etc. I don't want anything from him/her, but as mentioned I don't feel loving either. Is it because I'm wanting approval from people in general and it is just "showing" here?   

TC said:

""Could I let go of disapproving this feeling?""

"Not exactly, if you are stuck- decide you don't want to control the stuckness. It has nothing to do with disapproval tricks"

Step 5: If you are stuck, let go of wanting to control the stuckness.

-If you are disapproving of something, you don't want it to be the way it is, you want to change it, you want to control it. Disapproval = wanting to change = wanting to control

"Could I let go of disapproving this feeling?" = "Could I let go of wanting to control this feeling?"

If you are disapproving a feeling, are you disapproving a "free-flowing" feeling or a stuck feeling? If the feeling shows up and immediately releases, are you wanting to control it? Do we release feelings that are already released or the ones that are stuck?

Any feeling/want you "have to do releasing for" is a stuck feeling. If you are disapproving of a feeling/want you are resisting and wanting to control that feeling/want and it is stuck.

The Way track one has good examples of how Lester uses Step 5. It's from 1989, after Lester made changes to the original teachings.

"So in other words, it's same as "welcoming" the feelings/ stuckness, right?"

yes

it's just semantics Mario my friend,

You either want to control or you don't

you are either resisting or you are not resisiting 

if you are not resisting a feeling or wanting to control it (it's kind of the same thing) then you don't need to approve or disapprove 

Lester said cut right to the Want 

that's why he made the 3 steps before he died (the shorter version of the 6 steps)

""Could I let go of disapproving this feeling?""

"Not exactly, if you are stuck- decide you don't want to control the stuckness. It has nothing to do with disapproval tricks"

Step 5: If you are stuck, let go of wanting to control the stuckness.

-If you are disapproving of something, you don't want it to be the way it is, you want to change it, you want to control it. Disapproval = wanting to change = wanting to control

"Could I let go of disapproving this feeling?" = "Could I let go of wanting to control this feeling?"

If you are disapproving a feeling, are you disapproving a "free-flowing" feeling or a stuck feeling? If the feeling shows up and immediately releases, are you wanting to control it? Do we release feelings that are already released or the ones that are stuck?

Any feeling/want you "have to do releasing for" is a stuck feeling. If you are disapproving of a feeling/want you are resisting and wanting to control that feeling/want and it is stuck.

The Way track one has good examples of how Lester uses Step 5. It's from 1989, after Lester made changes to the original teachings.

"So in other words, it's same as "welcoming" the feelings/ stuckness, right?"

yes

Yes, just semantics was my original point that "letting go of disapproving of the feelings" works because it is step 5 and it is all wanting to control. You wrote that step 5 has nothing to do with "disapproval tricks", so I expanded.

Oh ok -:)

Yes, just semantics was my original point that "letting go of disapproving of the feelings" works because it is step 5 and it is all wanting to control. You wrote that step 5 has nothing to do with "disapproval tricks", so I expanded.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

SMaRT LINKS

Just Joined?

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

Events

STATS

LONDON TIME

Reset 1.01.12

Your donation allows us to continue offering Free Support Calls & Archive Access

© 2017   Created by Per [Hootless crew].   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service